Hello everyone! This is the last episode of my 3-part Hong Kong blog post. As what I have mentioned in my previous post, here’s the complete summary of my spending in Hong Kong.
Take note that all of the expenses are ALL-IN. See? The amount you spend in HKG is similar to the amount that we usually spend in urban PH cities like Metro Manila! Just make sure that you consider the following:
- Try eating at the streets. It’s more fun if you eat like the locals. You can find great and authentic food options at Mongkok and Causeway Bay.
- Food is extremely expensive in Disneyland. So make sure that you eat heavy before going there. Food inside the park would cost you between P300-P500 per meal. Bring bottled water as it is also a bit costly.
- Take the bus/MTR. NEVER take a cab unless you are in a group and you can split the expenses. A Tram can also be a good option if are not in a hurry.
- Buy park tickets online. We bought Disneyland and Madame Tussauds tickets online and we were able to save a lot of money. But you can also buy tickets at World Wide Plaza in Central. There are a lot of Filipino stores that sell park tickets. You can even haggle for a lower price. 🙂
- Shop for the best finds at Mongkok ladies market. Remember, you need to come up with a good strategy to haggle. What I usually do is, I ask for the price, bid for the lowest deal, and whenever they give you the last discounted price, just walk away and say it’s too expensive. They will run after you and offer your price. And trust me, I have done that a lot of times!
- Party at Lan Kwai Fong. The bar drinks are a bit pricey as compared here (in the PH). But you also want to experience #lankwaifun. So your best option is to buy drinks at 7-11! Don’t you worry; people there will not judge you as they also do the same. And it’s more fun drinking at the streets.
- You can skip this part if you’re not a party animal.lol
PURCHASE MOST ITEMS ONLINE. Not only that you can save on cost, but you also need to present some documents at the immigration, giving them the assurance that you are going back to the Philippines. I feel bad for those who are being off-loaded because they are suspected as illegal workers so do not end up like them. You will lose your chance of going abroad plus you will lose a lot of money! If you want to work abroad, process the legal way!
Enjoy Hong Kong!